Order of the Left Hand Path
Please copy and paste this into an email message and mail to: email@example.com
Self Initiation Rite
Erect an altar and obtain working tools, etc. Adapt the
initiation rite and perform a
- Provide a full working record of your rite, including
whatever emotions, etc. were felt.
- Where does the name 'Satan' come from?
- What does the O.L.H.P. symbol stand for?
- What does Satanism view man as being?
- From whence does the Satanist's code of living derive?
- Define Right Hand and Left Hand paths.
- Describe the principle of polarity.
- Define 'Sinister'.
- How can it be said that Nietzsche is a 'satanic
- What do both LaVey and Nietzsche teach about the herd?
- According to Nietzsche, every individual represents one of
two aspects of life. Name the two.
- In Nietzschean philosophy the superior individual - Higher
Man - is the transitional type between what two extremes of life?
- What shall be the 'mission' of the new nobility,
according to Nietzsche?
- What advice does Nietzsche give to Higher Man?
- Why does Nietzsche condemn pity?
- What are the two opposing moralities?
- What attitude does the Satanist have towards
- What do LaVey, Nietzsche and Crowley all advocate in terms
of population policy?
- Define eugenics.
- What is the Pendell thesis on the collapse of
- Who was Dr Faustus?
- What motivated Faustus to seek a pact with the Devil?
- What term succinctly defines 'Faustian'?
Rites & Ceremonies
- Describe the purpose of Satanic magick and ritual.
- Compose a simple ritual of your own devising. Describe in
Visualization is a simple but vital part of both external and
By visualization we are changing our state of consciousness.
Visualization has been described as a type of willed
day-dreaming. Often symbols, incense and other trappings appropriate to or
suggestive of that which we are seeking to evoke are used.
- Sit or lie in a relaxed state, and close eyes.
- Clear your mind of all conscious thoughts.
- Visualize an aim or desire; see it in living detail and
- Practice visualization regularly.
- Describe two visualizations in detail.
- Draw a pentagram on a piece of paper 3 x 2, look at
it for 2 minutes, close your eyes & visualize it.
- are you able to hold the visualization for at least several
- Can you change the colour of the visualized pentagram with
Pathworkings are not simply a leisurely diversion into
fantasy. A Working activates the unconscious and puts it into communication with
the archetypes of the collective unconscious.
Just as psychiatrists use word-association and ink-blot tests
to uncover unconscious areas of their patients' psyches, so the Adept uses
Pathworkings to tap not only his own unconscious but to put it in contact with
universal images and wisdom, accumulated over thousands of years of man's
- Either buy a Tarot deck of a type which particularly
appeals to you, and choose three of the Trumps;
- Choose three runes (see appendix A), drawing each
on a piece of cards or paper, about 3 x 2;
- Choose three letters of the Enochian alphabet (see
appendix B), drawing on a piece of card or paper, about 3 x 2.
Do not undertake more than one Pathworking per day.
- Sit or lie comfortably.
- Clear your mind.
- Gaze at the Trump/Rune/Letter for several minutes.
- Close your eyes and visualize the details of the
Trump/Rune/Letter on a large door.
- Visualize yourself opening the door and walking through it.
- Observe the landscape and surroundings, ask questions of
those you meet, ask for a 'guide' to take you through if you wish.
- Do not force the images; let them arise from your 'imagination'
- When you have seen all you wish, return through the door,
back to normal consciousness, declaring, It is done.
- Write a detailed report of all you have seen and heard.
- Consider what the symbols, images, etc. might represent,
and whether they have any special meaning to you personally.
- Look up the meaning of the Trump/Rune/Letter and compare it
to your own notes.
- Provide a full report of all three Pathworkings.
Physis: First steps towards Self-Overcoming
Are you the victor, the self-conqueror, the ruler
of your senses, the lord of your virtues? thus I ask you?
-Friedrich Nietzsche, Thus Spoke Zarathustra
Formulate a programme of physical health and fitness,
including giving up any habits which are physically or psychologically weakening
or controlling you (e.g. drugs, tobacco, excessive alcohol).
- Provide details, including an honest assessment of how well
you feel you will progress, difficulties encountered, etc.
True Will: The Next Stage of Physis
The Satanist is attuned to who he really IS. His actions are
spontaneous - instinctive; his rationality, intellect, creativity and cunning
merely weapons/tools for his instinctual Self.
The entropic force in nature manifests in the individual as
it does throughout the rest of nature, when the individual is in a state of
health, and at ease with himself, as a totality, as follows:
- Lets go to his nature and the flow of his being.
- He knows his own boundaries, who and what he is.
- He is connected to his parents, to his remotest ancestors
- to his genetic inheritance.
- He follows his own nature automatically - instinctively.
- The individual's life flows, and he is at one with
himself, at peace within as opposed to the un-ease (dis-ease) of the sick and
the self-divided. Blockage of the flow of life force can occur through outside
forces and self-repression, leading to mental and physical illness.
Present Self and True Self
Anti-nature dogmas such as Christianity state that Man is
separate from nature. Satanism holds that man is part of nature, an animal whose
behaviour is genetically based. This the modern sciences of genetics and
sociobiology verify. The INSTINCT is still the dominating force for human and
all other animal behaviour. Therefore, the individual cannot be more than what
he is GENETICALLY endowed with; although he can be LESS than his genetic
potential if repressed by influences which aren't in accord with his true
Satanism unfolds the real nature of the individual; what the
Greeks call physis.
The Satanist frees himself from the bonds of dogma and all
other influences alien to himself; he unfolds that which he IS.
Make a Self-analysis based on the following questions:
- What is your conception of your ideal self - the person
you'd like to be?
- How do you view your present Self - the person you
actually are now?
- List the interferences you perceive in the way of
achieving you ideal self.
- What do you think you can do to overcome these
- To what extent are these interferences products of your
own deficiencies; what ones are the result of the influence of others?
- What do you consider to be your major goal or life's
- What factors are preventing you from reaching your goal,
and who or what is responsible?
- Consider ways in which you can overcome these obstacles.
* * *
Write a 500-1000 word essay on how you expect Satanism to
affect your life.
Appendix A - The Runic Alphabet
Appendix B - The Enochian Alphabet
CONFIDENTIAL: PERSONAL QUESTIONNAIRE
In order to ascertain the strengths and potentialities of the
O.L.H.P. membership applicants are required to complete the following
questionnaire, details of which are for the use of the Grand Master of the O.L.H.P.
alone. Please copy and paste this into an email message and mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
ORGANIZATIONS OF WHICH YOU ARE/HAVE BEEN A MEMBER:
PAST/PRESENT RELIGIOUS AFFILIATIONS:
ARMED FORCES TRAINING? (DETAILS):
Write what you would like to
accomplish or can offer as a member of the O.L.H.P.
Please attach a recent photograph of yourself.